It was recently announced that Lazaro de Mello Brandao one of a multitude of men who serve as the oldest chairmen at a bank will leave his position of 25 years. Serving in the position at Banco Bradesco SA, his position will be filled by another soon. Many have sought to fill this role. The person who will take over is Luiz Carlos Trabuco Cappi.
Cappi is currently the bank’s CEO. He will have both positions for now. In March the bank will elect a new person to hold the role of CEO. Cappi is happy to serve in this role. His work began at age 16 as a clerk back in 1943. He ended up as one of the two gentlemen that have acted as chairmen at the bank. His career led him to be CEO from the year 1981 to 1999. He is eldest at the bank and in the whole world today for any CEO in the banking industry. His work was and will be always highly valued at the bank. He held various positions in the bank like vice president, managing director and department director.
His predecessor Brandao is resigning willingly and was ranked the number one employee there at the bank according to istoe.com.br. He simply wished to make a change in his life. He will remain this position until the transition occurs and will still retain some of the holding companies afterward.
While in the position of chairman he has mastered at atmosphere of management which many admire. Promoting from within the company is common and this loyalty has paid off well for the reputation of the bank.
Once a replacement is chosen, then Cappi will return to his former position and the bank will continue on as they have since the beginning serving the community’s financial needs. The choice will be taken from the top seven executives. They are all high ranking individuals.
The bank is said to have made some changes in their maximum age requirement for CEO as well. The bylaws changed to allow the maximum age to be 67 now for a CEO. It is said that was to accommodate Brandao’s decision to stay on as long as he has. His family is ready for him to come home and spend some of his golden years in relaxation with them.
The future is bright for a successor. There are several people considered for the position. All of them are highly qualified and anxious to take the role over when the time comes.
– Mauricio Machado de Minas : Minas is 58 years old and holds his expertise in IT. He has been with the bank since 2009.
– Alexandre da Silva Gluher: He is 57 and serves as Bradesco’s chief risk officer since 1976.
– Domingos Figueiredo Abreu: Abreu is a 58-year old that has been with the bank since 1981, working in the lending department.
– Josué Augusto Pancin: Pancini has handled high level personal and business accounts since 1975. He is 57 as well.
– Octavio de Lazari: Lazari is the youngest of the applicant’s under consideration. At age 54, he has worked as the lender’s insurance department.
– André Rodrigues Cano: At 59, he has handled the human resources department since 1977. He received a recent promotion this past December.
All of the candidates are well versed in what is expected. Taking the lead after Brandao will not be a simple undertaking, but it is one they are all prepared to do with anticipation. In the meantime, the bank is in good hands with Cappi serving in the role and as the bank’s acting president.